Monday, October 22, 2007

Why do I let criticism affect my self-worth?

If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me,” even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you. For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. (Psalm 139:11-16)


I should have enough confidence in myself by now to prevent criticism from bothering me. But I don’t. No matter what people criticize, their harsh words hit me in the gut.

Acknowledging and realize that my worth doesn't come from all those- marriage or career or housework or having great friends or gaining anyone's approval.... It comes from my Creator.

At work, criticism from boss or colleauge..pouring question that make me feel so stupid as well as unworth being there as a employee.. They are blessed with wisdom and knowledge that is too far to briliant to cope with.... what would it be like without the blessing, without the mercy.. without the grace of God. I look up to my Creator... giving thanks as everything is from Him alone...

Friendship, different people has their own opinion.. i might not like to be friend with a person with that and this kind of attitude.. being self centered.. being so kind yet so cruel.. being so naieve yet so mean... too many personalities to face with... criticism would be endingless...i am so glad that my Creator is my best friend ever..who understand..who never measure how and who i am...i should not trying to gain approval from anyone for acceptance.. as no one is perfect and realiable.

Marriage, the before and after in marriage has a difference. Before when dating, each partner tend to do things that would make the other partner felt appreciated includes giving gift, sweet talk and spending so much time just to be with each other. After marriage, a different approach is being used.. no more gift, no more sweet talks.. much would be on responsiblities.. debt to pay, monthly expenses to share with, house cleaning and lots more. Criticism on how good each partner handle his responsiblity would be an issue. How good do you serve your husband.. how good are you at house cleaning, keeping things in place and etc. My worth doesnt being measured by that... walking with my Creator in each steps i takes count the most

Thank you God for you have known me even before i was born... whom i
should look upon in every critism about me that hurts.


No comments: